- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) Silk Original soy, almond or coconut beverage
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) unsalted margarine (or butter), melted
- 6 Tbsp (90 ml) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- Additional melted unsalted margarine (or butter) or canola oil for greasing the pan
- Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F).
- Whisk the eggs, Silk and melted margarine in a medium bowl.
- In a larger bowl, combine the flours and salt.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients, add the egg mixture and whisk to combine.
- Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- While the batter is resting, place the popover or muffin tin in the oven for five minutes. Remove the hot pan from the oven and brush with melted margarine (or butter).
- Divide the batter equally.*
- Bake the popovers undisturbed for 15 minutes—no peeking! Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C (350°F) and continue to cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve hot from the oven.
- If using a popover pan, fill 6 wells nearly full. If using 1/2-cup (125 ml) muffin tins, fill each only 1/2 full.