- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter or non-dairy spread
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups cubed Russet potatoes or sweet potatoes
- 1 cup fresh, frozen or canned corn
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 cups Silk Unsweetened Almond or Cashew Beverage
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Additional salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or dairy-free cheese shreds, if desired
- Combine olive oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Sauté chopped onion, carrots and celery until soft, about 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour, salt and pepper and cook for another few minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and stir well, breaking up any lumps.
- Add remaining veggies, bay leaf and thyme, bringing to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook until veggies are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Uncover and remove bay leaf.
- Add Silk and vinegar, bring to a simmer and cook for another 5 minutes, until hot. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top with cheese, if desired.