- 2 cups (500 ml) Silk Original or Vanilla soy, almond or coconut beverage
- 2 cups (500 ml) Silk Original or French Vanilla for Coffee
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) honey, agave or sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) arrowroot or cornstarch
Special tools: ice cream maker
- Place Silk and Silk for Coffee in a medium saucepan and whisk in sweetener.
- Slice vanilla bean in half lengthwise and use the tip of a knife to scrape the seeds from the bean into the saucepan. Add bean pod as well.
- Bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and remove about 1/4 cup from the pan and whisk it together with the arrowroot in a small bowl. Whisk the arrowroot mixture back into the pan, cover and let the mixture infuse for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely and process in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- NOTE: If you don’t have a vanilla bean, add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract when removing mixture from heat. You may also add fresh fruit or any other flavourings you desire.