1 hr 30 min
- 2 large sweet potatoes, about 1 pound
- 1 egg (or 1/4 cup silken tofu)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh sage, or 1 tsp dried sage
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 2 cups Silk Unsweetened Cashew Beverage
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grated Parmesan or non-dairy Parmesan, if desired
- Prepare gnocchi
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake potatoes until soft, about 25 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Scoop flesh from cooled potatoes and mash in a bowl.
- Add egg, garlic powder and salt, mixing well.
- Add flour, 1 cup at a time, until a workable dough forms.
- Take 1/4 of the dough, place on a floured surface and roll into a 1/2-inch diameter snake.
- Cut into 1/2-inch pieces and press each gnocchi with the tines of a fork.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Prepare sauce
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add shallots and sauté until soft but not browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add sage and flour and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Whisk in Silk, wine, salt and pepper, bringing to a simmer. Cook until thickened, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add gnocchi in two batches and simmer until they rise to the top.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a strainer.
- To serve, add gnocchi to sauce and coat well.
- Spoon into bowls or onto plates and sprinkle with Parmesan, if desired.