- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter or non-dairy spread
- 1/3 cup minced shallots
- 6 oz crimini or button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp flour
- 1/2 cup Silk Unsweetened Cashew or Almond Beverage
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package mini phyllo shells (15-count)
- Grated Parmesan or flaked sea salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Then bake phyllo shells for 10 minutes until crisp and brown.
- Heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Sauté shallots until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook until they release their juices, about 4 minutes. Add wine and cook down until mushroom mixture is almost dry, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with flour and cook for another minute.
- Add Silk and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped spinach and continue to cook until spinach is wilted and bright green, and filling has thickened (1-2 minutes).
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon mixture into mini shells, filling to top.
- Top with Parmesan, if using.
- If using flaked sea salt, wait until fillo cups have baked to sprinkle.