- 3/4 cup (175 ml) yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cup (300 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cumin
- 1 cup (250 ml) Silk Original or Unsweetened soy, almond or coconut beverage
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) canola oil
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) honey
- 1 7-oz (200-ml) can chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 1 cup (250 ml) canned corn kernels, drained
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Spray or grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and cumin in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together Silk, egg, oil and honey.
- Pour egg mixture over cornmeal mixture and stir until ingredients are moistened. Do not overmix.
- Remove chilies from can and chop, reserving sauce for another use.
- Gently stir chilies and corn into batter.
- Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.