- 1 1/2 lbs (700 g) carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) grated ginger
- 1 cup (250 ml) Silk Unsweetened Creamy Cashew
- 1 cup (250 ml) roasted cashews, for garnish
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place carrots and garlic on a baking sheet and toss with 2 Tbsp (30 ml) olive oil. Sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Roast in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender and browned.
- Meanwhile, add onion and remaining 1 Tbsp (15 ml) olive oil to a large saucepan or Dutch oven and sauté until onion is golden brown.
- Add stock and ginger, turn heat to low and simmer until carrots are done roasting. Once carrots are roasted, add to stock mixture.
- Process soup in batches in a food processor or use an immersion blender, blending until soup is smooth.
- Return to pan and add Silk. Heat through.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with cashews and cilantro, if desired.