- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Silk soy, almond or coconut beverage, any flavour except chocolate
- 1 cup (250 ml) canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chocolate chips or chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Spray or grease a 20x10 cm loaf pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat sugar and oil until combined. Add eggs and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flours, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture and Silk alternately to egg mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Stir in pumpkin and chips or nuts, if desired.
- Bake 60-70 minutes until top springs back and a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.