- 1/2 cup (125 ml) margarine (or butter), room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) molasses
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) canned pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 cups (500 ml) sifted flour
- 2 1/2 tsp (12 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cinnamon
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cardamom
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) nutmeg
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Silk soy, almond or coconut beverage, any flavour except Chocolate
- 2 cups (500 ml) powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) margarine (or butter), softened
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- 2-3 Tbsp (30-45 ml) Silk soy, almond or coconut beverage, any flavour except Chocolate
- Prepare cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a large bowl, beat the margarine (or butter) until creamy, about 1 minute. Add the sugars and molasses and beat an additional 3-4 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add the pumpkin and vanilla and beat 30 seconds more.
- Sift the pre-sifted flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and nutmeg into a medium-sized bowl. Add the flour mixture and the Silk to the pumpkin mixture in several alternating additions, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix gently with a rubber spatula after each addition; do not over mix.
- Scoop batter into paper-lined muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Prepare old-fashioned frosting
- Beat the powdered sugar, butter (or margarine), vanilla, and 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of Silk together in a bowl until creamy and spreadable. Add additional Silk if needed.
- Spread on cooled cupcakes.