- 2 Tbsp (30 g) margarine
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup (100 g) sliced white mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp (25 g) flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Silk Unsweetened Cultured Coconut
- 1 tsp (5 ml) coconut aminos
- 1 lb (454 g) frozen French fries (sweet potato or regular)
- 4 oz (115 g) dairy-free mozzarella cheese, broken into “curds”
- 2 Tbsp (6 g) freshly cut chives
- In sauté pan, melt margarine over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, then sauté until onions are translucent, about 4 minutes. Season with pinch of salt
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking until mushrooms are lightly browned, another 4 minutes.
- Add flour to pan and mix to ensure all onions and mushrooms are coated.
- Add vegetable broth and cook, stirring occasionally and scraping bottom of pan until sauce starts to thicken slightly, another 2 minutes.
- Once sauce is thick, turned off heat and immediately add Silk and coconut aminos, mixing to combine. Season with pinch of salt and black pepper.
- To assemble, heat fries according to package directions and top with cheese curds. Ladle hot gravy overtop and garnish with chives.