+ 3 hr to cool
- 3 cups (750 ml) cubed potatoes
- 2 cups (500 ml) chopped leeks, white parts only
- 3 cups (750 ml) water or vegetable broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) Silk Original or Unsweetened soy beverage
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Silk for Coffee Original
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Chopped chives for garnish
- Place cubed potatoes and leeks in a large saucepan. Add water or vegetable broth. Liquid should cover vegetables, if not, add more water or broth. Simmer, covered, for 25-30 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly and puree in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl and whisk in Silk soy beverage and Silk for Coffee. Season with salt and pepper.
- If serving cold, cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 2-3 hours or overnight. Garnish with chives before serving.