- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 cup (250 ml) maple syrup
- 1 cup (250 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) margarine (or butter), room temperature
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup (350 ml) flour (regular or whole wheat)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1 cup (250 ml) Silk Original or Vanilla soy, almond or coconut beverage
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) frozen blueberries
- Prepare sauce
- Preheat oven at 180°C (350°F).
- Butter or spray a 2-litre Pyrex bread pan.
- Combine water, maple syrup and brown sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes, until sauce has slightly reduced.
- Set aside.
- Make dough
- In a large bowl, cream margarine and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder and Silk, stirring just to combine. Do not over mix.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Assemble and bake
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Pour sauce over the dough.
- Note: It is normal for the liquid to remain on top of the dough prior to final baking.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes.