+ overnight refrigeration
- 3 1/2 cups (830 ml) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Silk Unsweetened Vanilla almond beverage
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml) margarine (or butter)
- 1 cup (250 ml) chocolate chips
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) candy canes, broken into pieces
- Sift together powdered sugar and cocoa powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Bring Silk and margarine to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove from heat, add chocolate chips, vanilla and peppermint extract. Let sit for 5 minutes and then stir until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with crushed peppermint and cool. Refrigerate overnight before serving.