- 2 cups (500 ml) flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 cup (250 ml) Silk soy, almond or coconut beverage, any flavour except chocolate
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) orange juice
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) dried cranberries
- 2 tsp (10 ml) grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) canola oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) coarsely chopped peeled pears
- 2 cups (500 ml) confectioner’s sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp (45-60 ml) fresh orange juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) grated orange rind (zest)
- Make the scones
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together Silk, orange juice, cranberries, orange zest and canola oil.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix together with a wooden spoon, stirring with as few strokes as possible. Fold in the chopped pears.
- Use an ice cream scoop or large spoon to drop the batter onto prepared baking sheets, forming 12 scones.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
- Make the glaze
- Whisk all ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle on warm scones.