- 3 cups (750 ml) Silk Vanilla soy, almond or coconut beverage
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) organic cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon
- 6 oz (180 ml) good quality white chocolate, chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) margarine (or butter)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 6 Tbsp (90 ml) demerara sugar for brûlée
- Whisk together 1/4 cup (60 ml) Silk and cornstarch in a small bowl. Pour remaining Silk in a saucepan over low heat and whisk in cornstarch mixture.
- Simmer gently until mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in nutmeg, cinnamon, white chocolate, margarine, salt and vanilla until smooth. Pour into ramekins and refrigerate until set.
- To brûlée, sprinkle each ramekin with 1 Tbsp (15 ml) demerara sugar and place on baking sheet under broiler (or use a torch) until sugar caramelizes and turns golden brown.