- 2 cups (240 g) vegan chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup (25 g) toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup (25 g) toasted coconut flake
- 6 Tbsp (85 g) margarine, melted
- 1 tsp (5 g) instant espresso
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Silk Unsweetened Almond Beverage
- 3 ripe avocados
- 7 Tbsp (56 g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp (1/2 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 3 fl oz (95 ml) Silk Unsweetened Almond Beverage
- 4 oz (115 g) vegan chocolate chips
- Prepare crust
- In food processor, combine cookies crumbs, sunflower seeds and coconut. Pulse 5-6 times, until sunflowers seeds and coconut are broken up and mixture resembles soft sand. Add margarine and mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into 9” pie pan and press into bottom and sides of pan. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Prepare filling
- Combine instant espresso and Silk. Allow espresso to dissolve.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients including coffee almond mixture. Mix until pureed and smooth.
- Pour mixture into chilled crust and smooth out evenly. Place in refrigerator to chill while you prepare ganache.
- Prepare ganache
- Heat Silk until just before boiling. Pour over chocolate chips and let set for 45-60 seconds before whisking gently to combine.
- Pour ganache over chilled filling. Continue to chill until ready to serve, then top with fresh fruit or coconut whipped topping.