- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsalted margarine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 Tbsp (40 g) cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) egg replacer
- 1 3/4 cups (400 g) graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup (100 g) toasted coconut
- 1/3 cup (30 g) sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup (190 ml) unsalted margarine
- 4 1/2 Tbsp (65 ml) Silk Vanilla Almond Coffee Whitener
- 3 Tbsp (30 g) vegan pudding mix or vegan custard powder
- 3 cups (450 g) powdered sugar
- 1 cup (210 g) semi sweet non-dairy chocolate or carob chips
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) margarine
- Prepare crust
- In the top of a double boiler, combine margarine, sugar and cocoa powder. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth.
- Beat in egg replacer and stir until thick, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in graham cracker crumbs, coconut and almonds.
- Press into the bottom of an ungreased 8x8” (20x20 cm) pan.
- Prepare custard filling
- For the middle layer, cream together margarine, Silk and custard powder until light and fluffy. Mix in powered sugar until smooth.
- Spread over bottom layer in pan and chill to set.
- Prepare icing
- While the second layer chills, melt chocolate and margarine together in the microwave or over low heat. Spread over chilled bars.
- Once chocolate has set, cut into squares and enjoy!