- 1 cup (250 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Silk soy, almond or coconut beverage, any flavour except chocolate
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, sugars, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Silk, oil, applesauce and vanilla.
- Stir in the apple, coconut, raisins and carrots. Add flour mixture and stir just until moistened—there will be a few lumps.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups, filling each cup about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans and bake until tops spring back, about 30-35 minutes.
- Store, tightly covered, at room temperature for 3-5 days, or freeze.