- 1 cup (250 ml) graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) margarine (or butter), melted*
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (8 oz) (240 ml) package light (Neufchatel) cream cheese or non-dairy cream cheese
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Silk Vanilla soy, almond or coconut beverage
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 eggs*
- Caramel sauce, if desired
*For a vegan version, use vegan margarine and substitute each egg with 1 Tbsp (15 ml) golden flax meal soaked in 3 Tbsp (45 ml) warm water.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or coat a 12-cup mini cheesecake pan with cooking spray.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, margarine and pumpkin pie spice in a small bowl.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of crumb mixture into each muffin cup. Press down crumbs using a spoon or the bottom of a juice glass. Bake for 5 minutes then cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth.
- Add Silk, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour filling into prepared crusts, filling cups almost to the rim.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool before serving.
- Garnish with caramel sauce, if desired.