- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) margarine (or butter)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) Silk soy, almond or coconut beverage, any flavour except chocolate
- 3-4 Tbsp (45-60 ml) additional Silk
- In a small saucepan, heat the margarine, sugar, maple syrup and corn syrup until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, whisk in 1/3 cup (75 ml) Silk. Do not be concerned if the sauce clumps.
- Bring the mixture back to a simmer and cook, stirring, for an additional 5 minutes to smooth out any lumps.
- Whisk in 3-4 Tbsp (45-60 ml) of additional Silk to achieve desired consistency.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.