1 hr 30 min
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) margarine (or butter), softened
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) flour
- 2 cups (500 ml) Silk Vanilla Unsweetened Cashew Beverage
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Grease and flour a 20 cm x 20 cm (8" x 8") baking dish with tall sides.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks appear, then set aside.
- In a blender, combine egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, margarine, flour and Silk, blending until smooth.
- Add to egg whites and mix gently with a spatula until combined.
- NOTE: Batter will be lumpy with egg whites.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 60-70 minutes until top turns golden brown and batter no longer jiggles.
- Cool completely, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- To serve, dust with powdered sugar, cut into squares and pair with fresh berries.