- Olive oil, for frying
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 300 g Arborio rice
- 500 ml Silk Soya unsweetened drink
- 700 ml vegetable stock
- 1 lemon, juice and zest, plus extra wedges to serve
- 100 g spinach
- 200 g peas
- 50 g vegan Parmesan (optional)
- Flat leaf parsley, chopped, to serve
- Put the stock into a medium saucepan and gently warm through, keep on a low heat until ready to use. In a large deep casserole, heat a splash of oil over a medium heat and add the onion and leeks. Gently fry for 10 minutes until soft and starting to turn translucent, season with salt and pepper. Add the rice and stir-fry for 2–3 minutes until the rice starts to turn clear.
- Turn the heat up and start slowly stirring in a ladle of stock at a time. Stirring with a wooden spoon constantly and letting the stock absorb into the rice. Once the stock has been added, slowly add the Silk Soya drink. Keep cooking on a medium heat, stirring regularly until the rice is almost tender.
- Stir in the lemon juice, spinach and peas and season to taste. Garnish with parsley and extra lemon wedges.