+ 1 hr to chill
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chocolate wafer crumbs, about 10 wafers
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Silk Chocolate soy or almond beverage
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) instant espresso powder
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) cornstarch
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sugar
- 8 oz (225 g) non-dairy cream cheese
- 12 oz (360 g) firm silken tofu
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) almond extract
- Fresh berries, if desired
- Prepare crust
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate wafer crumbs and melted margarine (or butter).
- Divide crumbs evenly between muffin cups (about 1 Tbsp or 15 ml per cup) and firmly press crumbs into bottom of each.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then cool.
- Prepare filling
- In a small saucepan, heat Silk to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and whisk in cocoa powder, espresso powder, cornstarch and sugar until smooth.
- Place cream cheese and silken tofu in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add chocolate mixture, salt, vanilla and almond extract, and process until smooth.
- Assemble and bake
- Divide filling mixture between muffin cups, filling each cup to the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until filling is set around the edges and slightly jiggly in the center.
- Cool. Cheesecakes can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Serve with fresh berries, if desired.