- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried thyme
- 2 1/2 cups (600 ml) Silk Unsweetened Creamy Cashew
- 4 cups (1 L) frozen vegetables (carrots, peas, beans, corn, mushrooms, peppers, etc.)
- 2 cups (500 ml) cooked chicken, cubed
- 6-8 sheets filo dough
- 3 Tbsp melted margarine (or butter)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Add onions, garlic and celery and sauté for 5 minutes, until veggies are soft.
- Add salt, pepper and flour. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add thyme and Silk, bringing to a simmer. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until mixture thickens.
- Add frozen veggies and chicken, stirring well.
- Pour into a 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate or six 1 ½ cup (375 ml) ramekins. Layer filo dough over pie pan (using 6 sheets) or ramekins (using 8 sheets, cut to fit over ramekins), brushing each layer with melted margarine and following with another layer of filo until all sheets have been used.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until mixture is bubbly and filo is golden brown.
- Cool for five minutes and serve.