- Canola cooking spray
- 2 lbs (1 kg) chicken tenders
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Silk Original, Vanilla or Unsweetened Almond Beverage
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (250 ml) unsalted, roasted almonds, ground in a food processor
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unbleached flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with canola oil.
- Rinse and pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Silk, egg white and Dijon mustard; set aside.
- In a one-gallon re-sealable plastic bag, shake together almonds, flour, paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Dip several pieces of chicken into the almond/egg mixture and then place in plastic bag. Close bag and shake until chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Place coated chicken onto baking sheet. Repeat steps with remaining chicken.
- Lightly spray each chicken piece with canola oil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Use tongs to turn chicken pieces over and bake until remaining side is browned, about 8-10 more minutes.
- NOTE: If desired, serve with dipping sauce:
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup whole-grain mustard, 4 Tbsp honey, 1/8 tsp white pepper and a pinch of crushed red chile flakes.