- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 shallots, peeled and minced
- 4 cups (1 000 ml) vegetable stock
- 1 large head broccoli, stems peeled, and stems and florets coarsely chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cup (350 ml) Silk Original soy or almond beverage
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt, optional
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper, optional
- Garnish: chopped fresh basil leaves and grated Parmesan
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy stockpot over medium heat. Add the onion and shallots and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the stock, broccoli, zucchini and dried thyme.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Stir in Silk.
- In 2-3 separate batches, purée the soup in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Return puréed soup to the pot and reheat.
- To serve, ladle into warm bowls and top with salt and pepper, basil and Parmesan cheese, if desired.