- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) finely diced leeks
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups (1 000 ml) Silk Unsweetened soy or almond beverage
- 1 cup (250 ml) vegetable stock
- 2 cups (500 ml) frozen corn kernels
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) fresh thyme
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp (15-30 ml) chives or fresh tarragon, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the leeks, celery, shallots and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Silk, vegetable stock, corn kernels, potatoes, bay leaf, thyme and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes are tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Remove 1 cup (250 ml) of the vegetables and 1/2 cup (125 ml) of the liquid. Purée until smooth and return to the pot.
- Add the bell pepper and simmer another 2 minutes. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- Garnish each serving with chopped chives or tarragon.