- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 cup (350 ml) Silk Unsweetened soy or almond beverage
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Original Silk for Coffee
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) ice water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) minced green onion
- 1-2 Tbsp (15-30 ml) fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- Prepare soup
- Halve avocados and remove flesh with a spoon.
- In a blender, purée the avocado, green onion, Silk, Silk for Coffee, ice water, lime juice and salt. Season to taste with black pepper and/or cayenne.
- Thin with additional soy beverage if desired. Serve garnished with fresh tomato salsa.
- Prepare salsa
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Serve as garnish for avocado soup or with tortilla chips as an appetizer.