- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely minced
- 1 Tbsp curry powder or 1 Tbsp red or green Thai curry paste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 14 oz (1 box) unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup Silk Unsweetened soy or almondmilk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 lb rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 block extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 small tomatoes, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander
- Asian chili oil to taste, if desired
- In a heavy saucepan heat the vegetable oil over moderately low heat and cook garlic and jalapeño, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the curry powder (or paste) and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the broth, coconut milk, Silk, salt and ginger and bring mixture to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, place noodles in a large bowl, cover with warm water and let sit for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add noodles and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour noodles into a colander, rinse under cold water, and drain well.
- Once soup has simmered, add tofu, tomatoes and lime juice. Cook over moderate heat, stirring, until soup is hot.
- Divide the noodles among four bowls and ladle the soup over noodles. Sprinkle each serving with chopped coriander and drizzle with chili oil, if desired.