- 1 cup (250 ml) flour
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Silk soy, almond or coconut beverage, any flavour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180° C (350° F).
- Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together Silk, vinegar, vegetable oil, beaten egg, and vanilla until combined.
- Pour Silk mixture over dry cocoa mixture and stir by hand until all the flour is incorporated. Stir in the zucchini followed by boiling water. The mixture will be thin.
- Fill muffin liners 3/4 of the way full, sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake for 13-17 minutes until tops spring back and a tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.