- 1/2 cup (125 ml) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) Silk Chocolate soy or almond beverage
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) canola oil
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) applesauce
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, ground flax, cocoa powder, baking powder, soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together Silk, oil, applesauce, sugar, vanilla and egg until well blended. Add Silk mixture to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Do not overmix. Gently fold in raspberries.
- Divide the batter evenly between muffin cups, filling each about three-quarters full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.