+ 1 hr to chill
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cornstarch
- 3 cups (750 ml) Silk soy, almond or coconut beverage, any flavour except Light
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) margarine (or butter)
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 ml) vanilla
- Combine the cocoa, sugar, salt and cornstarch in a saucepan and mix well.
- Slowly add the Silk, whisking constantly to prevent lumps. Bring this mixture to a boil over medium heat while whisking constantly.
- Lower the heat to a simmer, cover and simmer gently for 8-10 minutes, until pudding begins to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the margarine (or butter) and vanilla.
- Pour into 1 large bowl or 8 small serving bowls and refrigerate for at least an hour until thoroughly chilled.