+ 30 min baking
+ 1 hr to chill
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) canola oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Silk soy beverage or almond beverage, any flavour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 2 eggs or the equivalent in egg substitute
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) almond flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 1/2 cup (350 ml) powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) margarine (or butter)
- 2-3 Tbsp (30- 45 ml) Silk soy, almond or coconut beverage, any flavour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) peppermint extract
- 2-3 drops green food colouring, if desired
- 2 oz (60 ml) unsweetened chocolate
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) margarine (or butter)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, Silk, cocoa and sugar until well combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add cornstarch, flour, baking powder and salt and mix to combine.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake 25 minutes. Cool completely.
- While brownies are cooling, prepare mint layer.
- Beat powdered sugar and margarine until creamy.
- Add enough Silk to make frosting spreadable.
- Stir in peppermint extract and food colouring, if desired. Frost cooled brownies and chill until set, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate and margarine.
- Pour chocolate mixture over chilled, frosted brownies.
- Chill until set, about 1 hour.
- Cut into squares with a hot, sharp knife to serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.