+ 2 hr to chill
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml) reduced fat smooth peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) honey
- 1 1/2 cup (350 ml) crisp rice cereal
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) cocoa
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) cornstarch
- 3 cups (750 ml) Silk Chocolate soy beverage or Silk Dark Chocolate almond beverage
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 ml) vanilla
- Nonfat whipped topping and/or chocolate syrup, if desired
- Prepare crust
- Coat a square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine peanut butter and honey in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for about 20 seconds until peanut butter has melted.
- Toss cereal in peanut butter mixture until well-coated. Press into greased pan. Chill.
- Prepare filling
- In a saucepan, whisk together cocoa, sugar, cornstarch and Silk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat, continue stirring and simmer until thick, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture onto prepared crust.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill until set, about 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, cut into nine squares and top each with nonfat topping and chocolate syrup, if desired.