+ 20 min setting
+ 1 hr baking
- 4 cups (1 000 ml) 1/2-inch (1 cm) bread cubes (use challah or white bread, crusts removed)
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) dried unsweetened cherries
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups (750 ml) Silk Original or Vanilla soy, almond, coconut or cashew beverage
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place 3 cups (750 ml) of the bread cubes in a greased 8-inch (20-cm) square or 9-inch (23-cm) round baking dish.
- Tuck the cherries in between the bread pieces and sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Top with remaining bread cubes.
- Whisk the eggs with the Silk, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Pour the liquid over the bread and let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Press down on the bread a few times to wet the tops of the cubes.
- Scatter the pecans evenly over the pudding and sprinkle with the light brown sugar.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until puffed, golden brown and firm in the center. Serve warm.