- 2 cups (500 ml) fresh or frozen sweet cherries, pitted
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) Silk soy, almond or coconut beverage, any flavour
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) almond extract
- Pinch of salt
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Using non-stick cooking spray, lightly coat 6 shallow ramekins or a 9-inch (23-cm) square baking pan.
- If using frozen cherries, thaw and drain. Evenly distribute cherries among ramekins or within baking pan.
- Whisk together flour, eggs, Silk, sugar, vanilla and almond extracts and salt.
- Pour custard mixture over cherries and bake for 40-50 minutes if using a pan or 20-25 minutes if using ramekins. The clafoutis will be lightly browned and slightly jiggly but a toothpick or other tester inserted in the center will come out clean.
- Note: The clafoutis will deflate after being removed from the oven.
- When cool, dust with powdered sugar and serve.