- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) canola oil or butter
- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped pecans
- 1 cup (250 ml) unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups (500 ml) rolled oats
- 1 cup (250 ml) crisp rice cereal
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chopped dried fruit (raisins, cherries, cranberries, etc.)
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) Silk Original or Unsweetened soy or almond beverage
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) honey
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) chopped dates
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Lightly coat a 13” x 9” (23 x 33 cm) baking pan with canola or butter or line pan with buttered parchment paper.
- On a baking sheet, toast the nuts, coconut and oats in the oven for 10 minutes. Once toasted, pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl along with the rice cereal and dried fruit and toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the Silk, honey, brown sugar, dates, salt and vanilla. Stir continuously until mixture begins to thicken and large bubbles start to form, about 7-8 minutes.
- Pour syrup over dry mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spread into prepared pan and press down firmly. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Once cool, cut into squares.
- Wrap each bar separately in plastic wrap or waxed paper and store in an airtight container for 3-5 days.