- 1 cup (250 ml) unbleached flour or oat flour
- 3 cups (750 ml) old fashioned or quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) honey, coconut sugar or real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) melted margarine (or butter)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) applesauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Cashew Beverage
- 1 cup (250 ml) roasted, salted cashews, chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) dried cherries or cranberries
- 1 cup (250 ml) bittersweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, flaxseed, soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, margarine, applesauce and Silk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix to combine. Then stir in cashews, cherries and chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate batter for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Drop by rounded ¼-cup (60-ml) measure onto greased or lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until bottom of cookies are golden.