- 1 1/2 cups raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup Silk Unsweetened Cashew Beverage
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots (about 4 medium)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Cover cashews with water and soak until soft (at least 2 hours or up to overnight). Once they're soft, place cashews in a food processor or high-power blender and process until creamy and no longer grainy.
- Add Silk and process until smooth.
- Heat olive oil in a pan on low heat. Add shallots and cook until soft, sweet and caramelized (about 15-20 minutes). Allow shallots to cool.
- Combine shallots, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper with cashew cream in blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Adjust salt and pepper if needed. Serve with chips or fresh veggies.