- 3 cups (750 ml) butternut squash cubes (1 small squash)
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 4 cups (1 000 ml) vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cup (350 ml) Silk Unsweetened soy or almond beverage, or Original cashew beverage
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) tamari or soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp (1/2 ml) nutmeg
- Freshly ground white or black pepper to taste
- Combine the butternut squash, parsnips, onions, garlic and salt in a soup pot and add the vegetable stock. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Add the Silk and tamari to the vegetables and broth.
- In three separate batches, purée in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Add the nutmeg and season to taste with white or black pepper.