- 1 cup (250 ml) Silk Original, Vanilla or Unsweetened Almond Beverage
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) blackstrap molasses
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) wheat or oat bran
- 1 1/2 cup (375 ml) whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp ( 5 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) raisins
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Whisk together Silk, molasses, applesauce, oil and eggs in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together bran, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add bran mixture to egg mixture and stir just until moistened. Gently stir in raisins and nuts, if desired.
- Divide batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until tops spring back.