- 1 cup Silk Unsweetened Almond or Cashew Beverage
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp margarine (or butter), frozen
- 1 lb breakfast sausage or veggie sausage
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups Silk Unsweetened Almond or Cashew Beverage
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2-1 tsp salt
- Prepare biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine Silk and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Grate the frozen margarine into the flour and mix gently
- Add the Silk/vinegar mixture and mix just until a sticky dough forms.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and turn dough over on itself 4-5 times.
- Using hands, not a rolling pin, gently shape into a 1-inch thick round and use a 2-inch round cutter to cut out biscuits.
- Gather scraps and cut remaining dough.
- Alternately, pat dough into 1-inch-thick square and use a sharp knife to cut into 12 squares.
- Prepare gravy
- Cook sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up any large pieces as it browns. Cook for 8-10 minutes if using sausage; 3-4 minutes if using veggie sausage.
- Sprinkle with flour and cook another minute.
- Add Silk, bring to a simmer and reduce heat, simmering for 10-12 minutes until thick.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve over warm biscuits.