+ 2 hr to chill
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 2 cups (500 ml) Silk soy, almond or coconut beverage, any flavour except chocolate
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) margarine (or butter)
- 1 1/4 tsp (6 ml) vanilla
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1 9-inch (270 mm) pie crust, baked
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Gradually add the Silk while whisking gently.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is bubbly. Keep stirring and cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and immediately whisk a small quantity of the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks to temper them, then transfer the tempered yolks back to the saucepan, whisking constantly.
- Return to the heat and cook for 2 more minutes while stirring.
- Remove from heat, add the margarine (or butter) and vanilla, and stir until smooth.
- Arrange the sliced bananas on the bottom of the baked pie crust, then top with the pudding mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until thoroughly chilled.