- 2 slices sprouted grain or whole grain bread
- 1 ripe banana, cut in half
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup silk unsweet vanilla almondmilk
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp (2 packets) stevia extract (or sweetener of choice, such as 2 tbsp agave nectar)
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Cut bread into small cubes (about 1”) and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Slice one half of the ripe banana into small pieces and add to the bowl along with the walnuts and ground flax seeds. Set aside.
- Place the almondmilk, silken tofu, vanilla extract, cinnamon, sweetener and remaining half of the ripe banana in a blender and blend on low speed for a few seconds. Stop when ingredients are mixed together and tofu is smooth. (Be careful not to overmix—you don’t want the liquid to be too thin.)
- Pour the mixture from the blender into the bowl.
- Mix together well, so that the bread is completely coated with the liquid.
- Transfer the mixture to a small baking dish that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake on the middle rack in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for a few minutes before serving.