- 1/3 cup (75 ml) Silk Unsweetened coconut beverage
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) soy or tamari sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp (5 ml) freshly grated ginger
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Combine Silk, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and ginger in a large zip-seal bag.
- Drain and dry tofu on paper towels. Slice into 3”x1” (7.2 x 2.5 cm) strips, or cube.
- Add to marinade and let sit for 15 minutes, gently shifting bag occasionally to coat.
- Remove each piece, roll in coconut and place on a lightly-greased baking sheet.
- Reserve marinade for dipping sauce, if desired.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until coconut is nicely browned.