- 3 cups (750 ml) vegetable broth
- 1 rosemary branch
- 4 sage leaves
- 1 orange, juice and zest
- 1 small turnip, julienned
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 yam, peeled and cut in half, lengthwise, then sliced
- 10 radishes, cut in quarters
- 2 cups (500 ml) Silk Original or Unsweetened soy beverage
- 1 tsp (5 ml) curry
- 1 tsp (5 ml) powdered ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) turmeric
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) large grain tapioca
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- In a medium saucepan, heat the broth with the rosemary, sage and orange juice.
- Bring to a boil and add the turnip, carrots, yam and radishes. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes; set aside.
- In a separate pan, heat the Silk with the curry, ginger and turmeric. Bring to a simmer and sprinkle with tapioca. Simmer gently for 20 minutes, or until the tapioca becomes translucent.
- When ready to serve, warm the broth and vegetables and remove the rosemary and sage. At the last minute, add the tapioca blend, followed by the orange zest, onion and parsley.